On the heels of his arrest in South Africa for overstaying his visa and trying to pass a "World Passport," and his announcement that he is retiring from the music biz, we wonder aloud if Mos Def/Yasiin Bey is the Matt Cassel of HipHop — a guy whose career had some brilliant early moments that he could never manage to live back up to.
Plus, the OG iPod makes its return, serving up 5 randomly selected songs for J (@HipHopTaliban), East Coast Dre (@AndeCole) and MJ (@MJXM) to review. And we get schooled on snowblowers, refrigerators, sewer taxes, and the wacky world of New Jersey homeownership.
- 12:20— Too$hort - The Ghetto
- 22:35 — Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels
- 40:00 — Killer Mike - Monster
- 48:28 — Sticky Fingaz - Thug Like Me
- 01:04:32 — BDP - Ya Know Tha Rules
- 01:17:50 — Mos Def
- 02:14:30 — Jersey Real Estate